Monday, December 24, 2007

Our ornaments

I love ornaments that have meaning to them. I try to get an ornament from every place Mike & I visit. Sometimes that's not possible but here are a few that I love. When we were in Paris I found this metal knick knack of the Eiffel Tower. I knew I could run a piece of gold thread through it and it would be a perfect ornament!We got this one in London at the Windsor Palace gift shop. I paid a lot of money for this more than I would for any other ornament but I LOVED it and it was the only ornament I found in London that I really, really liked.
Schyler's godmother always gets her an ornament every year. Usually they have meaning too. This was last years. It's an MP3 Player and it plays Christmas songs. She got her this one because she knew Santa was bringing her an ipod.
Here's another she got for her. When Schyler was little, she would get her angel ornaments that said "godchild" on them.
Of course we would have a skater ornament for my favorite ice skater!

My sister went Christmas shopping in PA and went to the ornament store. So on Christmas Eve everyone got their ornaments. It was fun opening them to see what everyone got. I screamed "I was always Alvin"! She say's, "I know"! When we were kids, we watched the cartoon Alvin and the Chipmunks. I was always Alvin the leader of the pack LOL! My brother was Simon because he was smart and my sister was Theodore, because he was the baby and so was she.
Schyler got this gorgeous ice skate!

Of course Mike got beer! LOL!

No comments: