Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's a Girl!!!

We brought our little girl home yesterday. It was a great weekend! We went down to PA for a long weekend and I met up with a great group of girls for a photography get-together. Julie (justjulie) here from 2peas was there and I can now say I finally met a pea! :)

We drove down to Delaware to pick up Piper. I was able to keep the secret for a whole month and when we got there Schyler was so confused as to what was going on. LOL! It still hadn't registered with her even with Piper jumping all over her.

Piper settled in and slept for about 4 hours until we hit a rest stop. We let her run around on the hill. We still had 3 more hours before we arrived home but she basically was like having a baby in the car as soon as the car started moving she fell back to sleep.

Piper is a very cheerful little girl, she is so excited to see people and greets everyone that came to see her with a big wag and a huge kiss!Here she's settling in for a long road trip.


Didn't take long and she was out!
Today was her vet appointment. She got her second set of shots. Unfortunately she had an allergic reaction and we had to run her back. Her eyes swelled shut and her nose and mouth really swelled too. The vet said sometimes that happens. They gave her benadryl and a steroid shot. It's been a few hours now and she's starting to look normal again.

24 comments:

Yvonne said...

How sweet! What a cute doggie! And that coming from a cat person is a real wow. Great pictures! I hope she's feeling much better now.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh my goodness what a cutie. What kind of dog is that! your daughter is the perfect model, I saw some of Julies pics and she's amazing.

Angela2932 said...

What a totally adorable puppy. . . . and daughter! They'll photograph really well together!

C said...

OM-GOSH the is SUCH a beautiful little puppy and your pictures of her do such justice! I like the the 2nd shot of them together. What a sweet surprise! :)

Beth said...

So flamin' cute!! It was so great meeting you and Schyler this weekend and I hope you come visit again soon!

PLH
Beth

PS-You actually met 2 peas :)

amazing grace said...

awwwwww!!! she's cute!!!! i know you guys are having a blast!

Angie Moses said...

I'm so happy you've gotten her and she home with you now! She's so cute

Christiana said...

OMG, TOO CUTE!!!!! Isn't it like having a baby all over again.

Suzy said...

OMG I want her! She is so cute!!! Congrats on the new family member! I'm looking forward to seeingmore pics of Piper!

pat said...

What a DOLL!!! She is so cute with that spot around her eye. Can't wait to see her growing...

lcp said...

That is the sweetest little puppy!!! Such great pictures too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god...that dog is just SO CUTE. I am so in love with her. Look at that little eye patch. I mean, how could you NOT bring a doggy like that home. I just adore the photos of your two gals together.

Jess said...

OMG, she is the CUTEST PUPPY EVER!!!! What kind is she?

Mom2Drew said...

OHMYGOODNESS...THAT is the most adorable pup ever! Wow, makes me rethink my whole thought. now I want one of those, forget the schnauzer. Seriously cute!

Jen said...

HA! I thought you got a real baby! Very cute!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, Piper is the cutest thing ever! Or maybe DD is! I'm getting puppy fever looking at these.

Bobbi said...

Oh my gosh! That is seriously hands down the cutest puppy I have ever seen...I want a piper now. Love your daughters hair btw.

Unknown said...

That is the cutest doggie ever!

Tori said...

my goodness... she is the cutest little thing!

pakosta said...

awwww my dog's name is PIPER too! it's a boy though!! she's so CUTE!
tara
hope she feels better soON!

Debbi said...

She is so cute! Great captures. Can I just say (again) how much your blog banner makes me happy? It gets me all geared up for a run after work - thanks!

Tera Fraley said...

What a cute puppy!! I love these pics, I bet your dd is super excited!

Alexis said...

What an adorable little puppy! Great photos too!

Sharon said...

How adorable! I love that spotty eye.