Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ready, set, go?

Actually the command is leave it, leave it. . .then we wait, and wait, and wait. . .then get it! It's tough for a dog to sit there and stare at the very food their master put under their nose and then be told not eat it. She does it though. She's actually good at this and learned it right away when we first got her. I can't believe Piper will be a year old next month already.

It was one of the first shots I took with my new camera. I forgot to set WB so I ended up with a lot of yellow. I'm not so good at fixing color casts and I think that's why it looks noisier than it really should. In color it doesn't seem to be as noisy, if that makes sense. I also had to shoot at ISO 3200. My D70s noise would have been much, much worse.

I love this shot though!

22 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, I love it. Cute dog and I love the shadow!

Reds said...

Looks like she is looking at her shadow! :)

CindyTykie said...

I love it! It looks like she is pouting

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Love this shot. I also LOVE your banner that is perfect!
Cari

Kristina said...

So cute. It's like he's looking at his shadow!

Becca said...

This is great! What a cute dog!

Mom2Drew said...

Terrific POV!

Cindi Koceich said...

I really love her shadow in this shot too!! What a great dog!!

R.A. BNKetti said...

That is so cute, and I really like your header! The shot looks like a poster!!

Sharon said...

Torture, torture! lol

shirley said...

A really cute capture. She's definitely looking for something!

pat said...

This is such a fun shot! You can just feel her tension and readiness to pounce on that treat. Nice one.

pakosta said...

awww cutie pie!
tara

Lacy said...

haha, there's no way my dog would wait for me to take a picture! Great shot!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Great POV. What a good dog to be that obedient.

Becky said...

I love the little shadow and the way she's got her head down. So cute!

Michelle Duckworth said...

Oh I love this!!! I am amazed at your photos of a white dog against white backgrounds and such... fabulous!

Steph said...

Which new camera did you get? Fun shot.

Lauren Hartman said...

Oh my gosh, What a good dog! I am always amazed when I see dogs trained this well. Great capture!

Anonymous said...

LOL Your dog reminds me of Yoda. I love him looking at his shadow.

Angela2932 said...

So cute! I love how the shadow falls. I think you can get away with a lot more noise in a b&w than a color photo, and really don't see this as "noisy."

Bobbi said...

The shadow is so awesome! I think Piper is the most adorable dog ever.