Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Snowboarding can be fishy ;)

Schyler is in ski club at school and goes every Friday after school. When we're home, she likes to snowboard. It takes 1/2 hour of preparation time...getting all her gear on, me getting dressed, getting my camera out and deciding on lenses and then getting the dog on her leash...then we're off. We walk up the hill and I usually let Piper lose so she can sniff every square foot of field space there is.

After a few runs (the snow really wasn't that great), I wanted to take some close shots. This is what I hear, "why can't I just have fun snowboarding without the camera in my face"? Me: "why can't I have fun too while I stand out here freezing watching you snowboard"? Dead silence. Must be she figured that has to be a fair trade off.









I brought my fisheye along. I haven't really felt the love for that lens yet but I really like how these turned out.






I wanted to play with this one and see what I could do. I sponged, dodged, and burned this one a lot.



I recently bought some of Nichole Van's vintage actions & textures. I tried one out. This is the hand painted vintage with a texture. Not sure if I like the blue but it kind of made me think of the movie Call of the Wild LOL!

11 comments:

For Over 29 Years... said...

Great comeback Mom!!! althought I don't have the opportunity to photograph in the snow, I'm sure it's a difficult thing. Looks like you did pretty good!

Esther said...

Amazing shots!! The first few are my favorite. The "call of the wild" shot is awesome too. I agree with you, if you have to stand out there with her, you might as well get your fix too huh! :)

annabelle said...

yep I'd say that is a fair trade...wonderful shots :)

Meaghan said...

These are great! I love her bright coat against all the white.

Reds said...

Welcome back - and great action shots!! Love the fishy shots!!

Denita said...

Wonderful shots! Especially love your fisheye pics!

Margaret said...

Fun shots. I like your comeback, too! Fishy ones are especially fun!

Angela2932 said...

You're doing a great job experimenting/playing with the lenses/actions! I really like the fish-eye shots. . . .I don't have one and am not sure how I would "take" to it. . . but will be very interested in watching how it goes for you. I'm glad you're posting again. . . and want to see Piper!!!!!

Suzy said...

I like how your fisheye shots turned out as well. And I think these are awesome captures! So snowboarding is part of school? That sounds like an awesome school! And yes it's a very fair trade that mom can take pix!

Melissa said...

You girls are so sweet. I love to do POTD but sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day, kwim? Hopefully I can handle it through the rest of the winter until my busy season with seniors begins.

Sharon said...

Fun shots! And your daughter is beautiful!