Wednesday, March 26, 2008

POTD - 3/27/08

I first want to thank everyone for the warm welcome back to the POTD! I so remember now what I've been missing - such inspiration here!


As for my post from yesterday, I didn't get a chance to answer Jess - I didn't get permission because I was assuming it being a public place that it would be ok? I dunno, if I'm wrong there. There were only 2 older people in there. They didn't bother us and we didn't bother them. It's actually a quiet little place.


Today's post was from the same day but outside when the snow storm hit! Another case of Schyler getting a little jealous about not getting her photos taken. I'm shooting "K" and she say's "hey mom, what about a shot like this?" I look and said, "Yeah, stay just like that!" Ok so who is the creative one here anyway?! LOL! She's been coming to sessions with me much too long :) Oh and for the record I wasn't on a paid session, just some fun practice when I took this.



I added one of Renee's borders to it, not sure if it works or not. I love the swirlies & flowers. I'm never sure of textures or borders.


21 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

i think the border is nice, but I perfer it without. What a fun image and I "think" you're right about not having to obtain permission because it's a public place. I could be wrong though, so don't take my word as gospel.

Kristina said...

I like the black and white version better. The border is cute, but I don't think it needs it!

Margaret said...

I like the shot without the border, too. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Love this...I love the color version best...wonderful job!
cari

Michelle said...

love that second one's processing. i don't know about the permission thing...even though its public it is probably privately owned. however, my motto is its easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. :)

pat said...

Love the combo of the umbrella and the snow! What a fun shot. I prefer it without the border; it is strong enough visually to stand alone.

C said...

I think the border is nice put i too prefer it without. I really like the color shot though! What a creative little camera model you have ;)

Liz said...

I so love the BW version and the border is great. I like super girly stuff like that though. :)

Angela2932 said...

Here's a link to the photographer's bill of rights: http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

I'm pretty sure you can shoot in public places. . . obviously, it's different if you are shooting people and their faces are identifiable.

I like your color photo! It's such a delightful blue!

amazing grace said...

i like the bw! so glad to see you back on the POTD!

pakosta said...

i really love that first one!!!
tara

Becky said...

I like it better in color myself. It's a nice shot!

Jason said...

Great shots, I really like the B&W one. That is a good question about permission... I would think since there logo or company name is nowhere in your photos you are ok.... I might be wrong.

Bobbi said...

Love the b/w version of this! It looks fab, and I think you are ok to shoot and post pictures in a public area.

Debbi said...

Great shots - I like the color version a lot!

Reds said...

Same here - prefer it without the border! Lovely shot!

Jess said...

This is such a great shot- I absolutely LOVE it in b&w! And thanks for the answer too, I kind of thought that myself since it IS such a public place. I've shot in public areas and in front of businesses' doors and walls many times without asking and never had anyone say a word about it. I just figure if anyone ever DOES get after me about being somewhere I shouldn't be, I'll just play dumb and act like I didn't know! LOL! ;)

Kelly said...

This is such a great shot.. Love the border

Tori said...

Cute shot! I really like the color version here. I also like the border, but I prefer this image without it.... I don't think it needs it at all.

Sharon said...

Very cool! Love everything about this and in both color and B&W.

Anonymous said...

love the conversion on this one! great shot!