Sunday, March 2, 2008

POTD - Cropping - 3/3/08

I've been MIA lately due to the fact that I haven't been very inspired lately to take photos. Everywhere I look there is nothing but SNOW!!! I'm so sick of it. We just got another 6" this weekend.

I finally got around to working on some photos that I had taken back when I was in Wendy's class. I was going for the "dramatic lighting" look.

Here is the original in camera crop:

I think I was focusing more on the light and didn't pay much attention to the unattractive pose.

Here is my crop:
What do you think of this look. . . love it or hate it? Feel free to cc anything you'd like!

15 comments:

Jason said...

I really like that pose. Nice job

Shanna Jones said...

Great crop! Love the pic!

Reds said...

Love it!! So serious!

Val said...

I love it. She is beautiful. I think the conversion is perfect for the mood of the photo too. Awesome job

Jess said...

I love the crop! She is gorgeous. :)

pakosta said...

love the croP!
gorgeous shot!
tara

Jen said...

I think it looks cool.... Kinda Rebel-ish!

cherie said...

these look great.

Margaret said...

LOVE that crop. She is absolutely beautiful. Love the dramatic look of this shot!

Amy said...

As an avid fan of dramatic lighting, I love this shot (the cropped one especially).

Becky said...

I actually like the dramatic lighting better in the first shot, but see what you mean about the pose.

Anonymous said...

i dont find the pose unattractive at all!!! shes gorgeous and so is the shot!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I really like both.

Tera Fraley said...

gorgeous photo, love the crop!!

Trina said...

I love it!! Love your B&W conversion too!