Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Long time no blog. . .

it's been a very long winter and I haven't really been inspired lately to even pick up my camera. I was in Schyler's room helping out with some homework and there was some great light coming through her window. So I decided to grab the camera and take a few shots.
I'm always color popping everything so I decided to use Jenn H's awesome Cherry vanilla action on a few of these. I want to work on being more creative and trying some different processing. Of course until I take the Phaunt U photoshop class in April, I'm still going to be limited.

I love this pic, but she hates it because of her teeth. She can't wait to get her braces!
I used Jenn H's cherry vanilla with some adjustments and then I burned a lot of the background because her room was the usual mess. Tweens, gotta love 'em! It only gets better right? ;)

12 comments:

Sharon said...

These are beautiful. I like your processing.

Angela2932 said...

She's so pretty! I really like how the 2nd one turned out!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful and looks so much older than she is! Great edits, too!

R.A. BNKetti said...

I love the last one, she looks so pretty in them all!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the preteen rooms. I like that the burned edges keeps the focus on her:)

Meaghan said...

I love the last one. The processing is great!

Anonymous said...

She really has grown so gorgeous! I just love the color pop in the first photo and your b/w is lovely as well.

Reds said...

Love your play with the different actions! She is beautiful and the cat too! ;)

Jess said...

She is GORGEOUS! I love the processing, it really suits these shots. And on the "messy tween" thing, I can't say... guess you and I will be finding out together if it really DOES get better like everyone says?! LOL

Amy said...

These are all beautiful, the light was fabulous! Your dd is such a pretty girl! :)

Suzy said...

Beautiful captures! I'm hoping that Spring will bring some inspiration to us all!

Shanna Jones said...

I like them all. Don't you just love the burn tool...LOL