Saturday, March 24, 2007

First Run of the Season. . .

. . .finally our weather is breaking a little. I got up at 8:00 a.m. to go running but it was a tad nippy and my sinus' definitely would not be able to handle it. So I waited until 10:00 a.m. and I took off. My plan was to do at least 3 miles. I got to my 1/2 way marker for 3 miles and decided I could go another mile. I mean that's great but the problem is when you finally get to the 1/2 marker for 4 miles, you're dying! I did have something to look forward to on the way back -- going downhill! A nice little break. But once I cleared the bottom of the hill then I struggled for the next 1.5 miles. I had about a 1/4 mile to go -- I felt like I had cinder blocks on my feet. I kept telling myself keep going, keep going 1/4 mile you can do it LOL! Geez, it's not like I just started running for the first time in my life, but I guess that extra weight I've acquired in the last 2 months has seriously put a damper on my first run. I usually have to fight off shin splints so I iced both of them. Now about 4 hours later, I'm definitely feeling the effects. Maybe I should have only went 2 miles and then 2 miles tomorrow. I'm sure I won't be hitting the pavement tomorrow.

No comments: