Saturday, March 3, 2007

My Biggest Challenge. . .

. . .the Boilermaker! Every year for the past 4 years I start the Spring off training for the Boilermaker and every year I NEVER run the Boilermaker. I always have an excuse - I didn't train enough, I have shin splints, etc. Of course I do get shin splints and the more I run, obviously the worse they get. But not this year . . . nope! I joined the gym the 1st of December and decided I was going to cross-train for the winter, as well as work on really stretching my calves. So I went to the gym almost every morning at 5:15 a.m. worked out on the elliptical and I ran once in a while on the treadmill. I also worked with weights as well. This went on all of December and January. I started running more often on the treadmill and my right foot goes completely numb. The next day my sciatica is really bothering me. This is the first year I've ever ran on a treadmill so I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause this. Now I have totally lost all drive to even go to the gym. I'm totally looking forward to Spring so I can hit the pavement. This is going to be the year I complete one of my goals on my list of "100 Things To Do In a Lifetime"!

No comments: