Saturday, January 5, 2008

POTD - Hats Off!

Wew, I finally made theme before it was over :) I have a few tactics with Schyler. When I feel like having a practice session, I'll put on America's Next Top Model. Which for the most part there is usually a marathon running on the weekends. So if she sees that I'm watching it, she'll sit and watch too. After a while, she'll say hey mom wanna do pictures? Of course I've already decided in my head what clothes, etc. I want her to wear beforehand. Usually works like a charm! Evil, I know!!

It looked much warmer outside than it really was. We were only out for about 10-15 minutes and our hands were froze.

I don't trust my monitor at all now since my problems with it. So any CC on color is greatly appreciated. Actually cc anything!

When I saw this hat at Ltd Too, it screamed her name so I coughed up the money. Normally I wouldn't have unless it was on sale but it was worth it. She has pretty much worn it every day since Christmas.

I didn't think I needed a reflector because of the snow but it wasn't really that bright out. It was pretty gloomy and the hat brim didn't help her eyes either.
One of my faves!I struggle with BW conversions so cc away!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME photos the third one is my favorite! Wish I could shoot as good as you! AMAZING!
cari

It's These Little Moments said...

Love the third one too and the next one after that. Good Job!!

Bobbi said...

These are beautiful! I really love the second to last one....and her hair is so pretty :)

Yvonne said...

Loved all of your pictures!! Great colors, and great model!!

Katie said...

Ummm..these are GORGEOUS!!! And I LOVE your blog header...very cool

Val said...

She is beautiful. I love the conversion. i also love your tactic. May have to try it with my almost 10 year old. My previous tactic was buying her new clothes, but that's getting expensive!

Margaret said...

I absolutely love the hat! All these shots are great! What a beautiful girl!

Danielle said...

no cc here they are beautiful pictures. Love them.

pat said...

Ooh--great shots. I love the way you "see" people. And--your header photo is AWESOME!

For Over 29 Years... said...

that's perfect! Really perfect. didn't see anything wrong with the color.

April Michelle said...

#3 is my fav! I love the pose! Cute girls!

Liz said...

LOVE them, and as a fellow freckle model haver-er(:D) good job on the black and white, it is so hard to get a good conversion.

Jess said...

These are really, really great! The color looks fab- nice rosy cheeks!

mel said...

that hat is definately adorable! love the 3rd and 5th... looks like she has fun being a little model!

Michelle said...

stunning. she really looks like she's got the modeling thing down pat. and i LOVE your sneakiy tactics. i'll have to remember that.

Tomboymama said...

Those are just beautiful. I love your blog header as well. You have a great eye for color and design!

Anonymous said...

Love your banner I almost wanna go out and run, not really. #3 is my favorite. I am going to have to remember The Americas top model con thats a good one

Leslie Morgan said...

Love all of them. Absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

THESE are great! I couldn't guess you had monitor problems!!!! I love that bw conversion....it's bright but it feels wintery to me! LOVE EM!

Stacey said...

These are all wonderful photos! You did a wonderful job, and I really like your B&W conversions!

bcgal00 Rae said...

Great photos, great composition!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL captures! Love love love the lighting...and that scarf! :)

Anonymous said...

love her hats! my dd would go nuts for those! :)

great colours and clarity! well done!

Mandy said...

These are so great! She is beautiful. My favorite one is the 3rd one down. Snow is difficult. I think the colors are awesome!

I love that you have a pic of your Nike's on your page. I look forward to hearing more about you and your DD running together.

Tera Fraley said...

ADORABLE photos!! Adorable subject, love her freckles!! I love the colors, great shoot!!

Becky said...

Love your "evil" plan. What a great idea--and what fantastic photos!

GardenLuvr said...

She's a super model! I love the attitude in the first shot.

Tori said...

These are great! I love the 3rd and 4th ones!

Debby said...

Photos 2 and 3 are very beautiful!

--sme said...

Great seasonal shots, they really stand out against the whiteness of the snow!