Tuesday, May 13, 2008

05/14/08 - POTD

First I wanted to thank everyone for the sweet comments on yesterday's post. I'm hoping I can break into the senior market this year. It's huge around here but not much for variety.

I'm off theme and unfortunately I'm going to bore you with more photos of Piper. I can't believe how much she has grown in just a month. Just so you know Jack Russell's are extremely smart. This pup knows how to sit, down stay (during our whole meal), go to bed when told, rollover, down, out, go outside . . . we're still working on the come when we are outside LOL! She gets easily distracted and uses her selective hearing during those calls. But all in all, I am extremely happy with our choice of breed. I heard so many horror stories and got so many reactions when I said what breed we were getting. We must have been lucky because she is nothing like the typical Jack Russell stereotype!

My DH and I took her for a walk through the field next to our house. She has to jump the whole time because she is a shorty. I know I blew out the white, it's tough shooting white in full sun especially when she was bounding through the field.

I love this one with DH's legs in the shot. They spend a lot of time together during the day when I'm at work. For a "dog hater", he has definitely stepped up to the plate and taken great care of her and he has developed a soft spot for her too ;)


I had to show this one LOL! Everytime she jumped she hacked because I believe the pollen was going down her throat. I actually didn't blow out the white in this shot! I'm still trying to love my new Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. I'm still not feeling it.
Look at how yellow she got. She really needed a drink but was afraid of the water.


Sorry for the big share but I did want to document her 3 months ;)

23 comments:

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

Wish her a happy 3 month Birthday for me. Great pictures. I don't know which one is my fav.

April said...

those are great..i love the one with her biting the dandylions!! and the one with the legs in it really shows her size. i love how small she is.

Kristina said...

Oh, I love that one where she is running away into the field of yellow! It's so beautiful.

Reds said...

Awwww - she is so cute!! Love her in the field of flowers!!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh my she is so cute. I love that field! I think you did a great job sharing her personality.

Michelle said...

she is just so cute! i love all her expressions and animation. jacks are such a neat breed--glad to hear you got a good one. my brother has one and its a terror!

Sharon said...

OH how adorable! I love the one with your DHs legs as well. Puts some scale into the pic and the blue is great against all the yellow and white.

Cindi Koceich said...

She is beautiful!!!
You're right...it's nearly impossible not to blow whites in full sun!!

Amy said...

These are so fun and bright! She sure is a cutie!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

She is cute. I love all the yellow around her. Poor thing hacking away with the pollen.

Becky said...

I want her!! So cute, and great shots. My dog is always hacking when he runs around--I love to try to get shots of it too.

Mom2Drew said...

Such a darling little dog. That yellow really makes the white pop.

Donnah Ciempka said...

That is one beautiful field. I love the bright colour in these shots.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! She is so beautiful and CUTE! I cannot get over the ones of her running through the dandelions. I just love it.

Kim said...

I love 2 and 5 they a 3D look to them like in 5 he jumping off the photo. Cute

Bobbi said...

Awww these are so cute! Ilove these. You have to get the one with your dh's legs printed. It is too perfect.

Shawna said...

She is so cute!!! Love the shots of her bounding through the field!

Sandra Collins said...

I love all the shots - you are right the one with your dh's legs is great

Jess said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE! This is the kind of dog I would want, I am not much one for the BIG dogs (though we have a HUGE white lab!). Happy 3 month bday to her!

Angela2932 said...

Love the one of Piper walking away from the camera, and she really has grown since you first introduced her to us! (LOL about "dog-hater!"

mel said...

great photos! what a fun field for a photo shoot! (I did get your comment - thanks! I have comment moderation on, so they don't show up right away.)

Diana said...

these shots of her are too cute how funny she is scared to take a drink

April said...

Beautiful PICS!!!!! Love them!!! I hope I can find some place pretty like this to get some shots of our little JRT