Saturday, May 31, 2008

POTD - 6/1/08

We finally got some decent weather to photograph my nieces with my new parasols. They were pretty excited about them. Unfortunately for me, we had full sun and almost no shade. I should have tried the off-camera flash (I just learned how to do that), but I didn't have a helper to hold my monopod. It would have been a perfect opportunity for me to practice.

My nieces are pretty difficult to photograph. They tend to stiffen up and give me fake smiles. We had fun this time and they seemed a little more relaxed.

I LOVE this one of Lindsay

Another of my favs! I knew if I had all the girls face away from me that little miss Madison would turn around to see what I was doing (she always does!). It worked out perfect!
Do you like it in color or BW?
She loved playing peek-a-boo around the tree and I was able to get some natural smiles from her too.
Love, love this one. One advantage of full sun is I was able to get some dramatic lighting for this shot.

I struggle with more than one person. I always seem to have one person out of focus or their faces tend to look pixelly(sp?). I'm pretty sure my aperture was f8. Anyone got any tips for shooting more than one person? This was like one of the only shots where they all looked in focus and not pixellated.

My try at backlighting. This was Alexis' try at being serious LOL! She looks po'ed if you ask me LOL!

As usual, I'd love some CC! Thanks for looking.

19 comments:

Chell said...

Oh these are so cute and I love your parasol shots. where did you find them...

Hmm If you were on f8 I am guessing you need to step back just a little to help woth the DOF when focusing..

Margaret said...

Pretty girls. I love the one of them with their backs to the camera and their parasols up. Definitely like that in color best!

Jess said...

These are great and those parasols are AWESOME!!! I love that shot of the 3 of them with their backs turned- and I'd have to go with the color version too just because it is SO bright and fun!

Reds said...

What a great prop! Love the parasols!! My fave is probably the one with their backs to the camera - and in colour too!! :) Celine

pat said...

How fun with parasols!! What a neat idea. I like the color version of the three of them; the littlest one's face shows up better, IMO. Neat lighting going on in these. Very cool.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Oh they are so beautiful! I LOVE the one in color with all three girls and the little one looking at you!!!!

Becky said...

I vote for the color version too because I love seeing the parasols in color. I can so relate to the stiff in front of the camera thing--my family is the worst! You got some nice ones though!

Michelle said...

these were so worth the wait for decent weather! i definitely like the color version of the girls with the parasols. so cute.

Amy said...

The one with their backs to the camera is adorable.

Malisa said...

love the three of them together!- and in color best!

Anonymous said...

Adorable... I love the color one of the two...

Elsa said...

I love the pics with the parasols, especially the 3 in colour. Oh and I love your header pic, is that a Jack Russell? Gotta love those JRTs.

Joanne Fowler said...

Cute shots! I love the bright colors. Great job with your lighting!

Yvette A said...

These are so fun and cute shots.

Sandra Collins said...

these are great - love the parasol as a prop

definitely like the color shot of the three of them with their backs with the one little one turned around

Tori said...

these are all so cute! i really like the color on the one with their backs turned....

Debbi said...

Great color on all of these. I love the parasols - so fun!

Angela2932 said...

My favorite is also the one with their backs turned! So cute, and definitely like the color one best!

Sharon said...

Love the colors!