Wednesday, June 4, 2008

06/05/08 - POTD - Flash

Back in February I met up with another photographer from NYC area. He was nice enough to come to Syracuse and show me and another photographer how to shoot with off-camera flash. Since then I have never tried it. I never got around to practicing this method on my DD or during a fun shoot. So here I am it's almost 7:00 p.m. and it was already a cloudy day. This senior really wanted the falls in her photos and I could tell that it wasn't going to work unless I tried the flash. Luckily her mom was with us. I set it up and had her hold it while I shot. I can't believe what a difference it made! I definitely gotta practice more with it but I think I can definitely benefit from this.

ISO 400 1/250 f2.8 without flash

ISO 400 1/250 f2.8 - off-camera flash - SOOC
ISO 400 1/250 f2.8 - off-camera flash - with processing
Please cc anything you see. I really would like to learn as much as I can about flash! TFL!

13 comments:

Tricia said...

These all look great. Love the pp one.

Molly said...

That's great! I can barely work with my flash on my camera, let alone off!

Chell said...

wow look at the difference the flash makes. Very col. You did great.

Debbi said...

Wow - what a difference! Great job!

Anonymous said...

how cool, makes me want one now:)

Michelle said...

what a difference a little flash makes! this looks great-and i bet she will be thrilled with it.

Becky said...

Sorry I can't offer any CC; I'm a flash novice and here to learn. :-) I can sure see the difference here!

Diana said...

very nice i need to learn how to use flash

Shawna said...

What a neat location!! You did a great job... definitely made a difference!

mel said...

what a difference it does make! I really need to get a flash, but I'm kind of scared of learning (and need to save up the money.) great examples of using it though. Wonderful photo!

Angela2932 said...

Thanks for posting all 3 so we could see how it turned out and the differences between w/flash, w/o flash, and processing. It's beautiful!

Amy said...

WOW awesome!

April said...

Oh my! The difference is amazing!!! Okay I really want to learn my flash outdoors now. I've only used it indoors.