Tuesday, June 24, 2008

6/25/08 - POTD - Summer

Here's a sure sign of Summer. The annual track meet is always the second to last week of school. Each class works as a team and at the end the gym teachers tally up the scores.

The weather was really crappy. It was really dark, cold and windy. So I basically was all over the place with my settings and some really didn't turn out so great, but at least documented some of it.

Here they are getting ready for the softball toss.
Schyler was so excited she won her dash - look at her go!

After all the competition is done they have lunch and then some fun time. Here the teacher calls out a color you are wearing or anyone's birthday in June, etc. and the kids run underneath. The other kids lay across the parachute and try to stop them from getting out. It's fun to watch but yes, some got kicked in the face and others got hit in the eye.


Now, here we are getting down to serious business LOL! Look at their faces! The gym teacher is giving out the scores for each event. Schyler's class got 1st in the dash, relay and long jump but because they tied for last place in the softball toss they ended up second overall - which Schyler was very happy about!
So this is the last entry I will ever make for my daughter's elementary track meet. After Thursday, she will officially be a 5th grader and going to the middle school. It really makes me sad that she is growing up so fast. Tomorrow will be a sad day - they are having their moving up ceremony. I'll be bringing my tissues!

16 comments:

Jena K Photography said...

That looks exhausting and fun.

Anonymous said...

These shots are great...I love the color and clarity you have here...
Cari

Sharon said...

Still in school! I am counting down the days until the boys go back. :P

Sara said...

Great photojournalism! Congrats to dd!

For Over 29 Years... said...

really great captures! I love the color and sharpness of these.

Amy said...

Looks like she had a blast! Love the one of her running.

pat said...

What a fun day! I love your shots; you caught some many different views of the day. Nice!!

Angela2932 said...

I love the action shots! Especially as she wins the event, and where she's stretched out on the parachute. They do grow up too fast, don't they?

April said...

oh those are incredible..great focus clarity!

Anonymous said...

Really nice captures!

Michelle said...

she looks like she was really enjoying her track day. such fun shots and great memories for her. ((hugs)) for you for watching her grow up way too fast.

Jess said...

Wow, what a fun day! I didn't bring my camera to field day at my ds's school- I was kicking myself all day for it too. That parachute game sounds fun (and dangerous! LOL). :)

Alexis said...

I love all of these - what wonderful captures! It's hard to watch them grow up!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Your still in school? That seems like a long school year. Such a fun competition.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

That looks like so much fun!! My DD love the parachute!

Becky said...

Wow, still in school? I thought we got out late on the 19th. I volunteer at this day every year (we call it field day) and it's exhausting. This was my last year too--DD was in sixth. I can't believe 5th grade is middle school!