Monday, December 1, 2008

Lindsay's Beauty Birthday Bash

My niece had a beauty birthday party at a hair salon. The girls all got manicures, upd0's and then makeup. I only stuck around long enough to work on some indoor shooting with my speedlight. I also shot in raw which I normally don't do. I'm never really happy with my shots in raw for some reason. I think it's because they always look flat. I plan on shooting all winter indoors to get a lot more practice with my speedlight.

Here's the birthday girl getting her manicure.
While they're getting manicures, the other girls were looking at books picking out how they wanted their hair done.
Niece #2 and goofy DD
Niece #3 was sooooo excited about getting her nails done and she made sure to choose pink to match her shirt.
All the nails were done, onward to hair do's. This was an all day project. I feel for the hairdresser she must have been beat when she was done. There were 10 girls!

17 comments:

Margaret said...

You did great with these shots. What a fun birthday party! My daughter would love something like that!

Rachael said...

That looks like a fun party! You did a great job capturing the day!

pat said...

What a fun idea for a birthday party!! That poor hairdresser must've been exhausted.

Suzy said...

Great captures! What a fun party!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a great way to celebrate a birthday! I can't imagine a better way to spend a day then getting pampered.

Mom2Drew said...

Great job with the flash, looks like such a fun, girly party!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What a fun party. You did great with the speedlight.

Becky said...

That looks like fun! I hope the hairdresser got tipped well LOL. The lighting in these looks great. I love shooting in RAW when I use my flash.

Angela2932 said...

Wow! What a party! And you did great with the photos!

Ginnie said...

Looks like I've gots to get me a beauty bash! ;) How awesome is that?!

Shannon said...

How fun!!! I think these look great! I need to work on my indoor lighting as well. I got a Gary Fong Lightsphere, but I'm still getting used to it!

Vanessa said...

Wow, what a great party idea! I would have loved that when I was their age!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

What a fun party! You did a great job with your indoor shots!

KRISTIE said...

What a fun birthday party idea.

Amy said...

What a fun birthday party! I can tell the girls were having a great time! :)

Bobbi said...

They must have had so much fun! This is a great idea for girls, I love the shot of your niece with the pink nails. Your indoor lighting looks great!

Jess said...

What a fantastic idea for a girly party! I love it! I can tell the girls had a BLAST getting primped and pampered like that. :)