Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our visit

I dare say this is my DH's first visit back to the cemetery where his dad was buried this past July. He doesn't talk too much about his feelings but I know he misses him a lot. So on my way home from work, I stopped and picked up a cemetery blanket (very similar to a wreath). We got a lot of snow on Friday so the cemetery was pretty much buried this morning when we got over there. Grandpa doesn't have a stone yet, but was buried next to his parents. We didn't have too much trouble finding the spot.

Tonight my DH sat down next to me and said, "thank you for doing that it was really nice". I knew it meant a lot to him. It will be very different this Christmas without Grandpa Lee.

3 comments:

pat said...

That last shot is so wonderful...how nice to see him remembered this time of year. And look at Piper in your header! Can't believe how big she is. That is a fabulous shot--all that black and white.

Sharon said...

Nice. The "firsts" are always hard. God bless.

Tracy said...

What a thoughtful thing to do. May you be warmed all season by your memories!